Why Choose Center For Movement Arts?
- All classes are taught in an encouraging, supportive atmosphere.
- Very competitive rates -- among the lowest in Portland.
- A sense of humor and fun is always emphasized.
- Center For Movement Arts provides comfortable seating for parents during class.
- Center For Movement Arts provides a play area for dancers’ siblings during class.
- Techniques are taught emphasizing the positive -- what a dancer is doing right and how it can be even better.
- All CMA instructors have university degrees, post-graduate degrees, and/or professional experience.
- Observation windows in both studios allow parents to watch their children any time (excluding summer camps -- dancers only).
- We have a strong expectation of academic success in addition to dance study. We place a premium on higher education for older children.
- All CMA instructors are extremely experienced teaching dance to children. There are no student teachers here. There is not a constant parade of substitute teachers.
- Dance provides a sense of personal accomplishment.
- Dance teaches children to work in an ensemble (team).
- Dance promotes critical thinking.
- Dance teaches self-discipline.
- Dance builds a stronger spine.
- Dance teaches art appreciation.
- Dance training promotes a better posture.
- Dance teaches a work ethic to last a lifetime.
- Dance teaches self-knowledge and awareness.
- Dance teaches musical knowledge and appreciation.
- Dance teaches the power and joy of physical strength.
- Dance teaches a child to work on himself for himself.
- Dance promotes physical endurance and coordination.
- Dance teaches physical fluidity and flexibility of musculature.
- Dance teaches joy in achieving personal goals as new skills are acquired.
- Dance connects the physical with the intellectual; it blends the emotional life with the spiritual life.
Dance is fun!!!
"Dance, fall down, get up, dance, fall down, get up."