Information for Parents
Class and Studio Protocols
- Tuition is due before your child's first class of the session. If your child is having a private lesson, placement class or trial class payment is due before he/she begins. A $25.00 fee will be charged for late tuition.
- We take cash or checks only, no credit or debit cards. There is a $20.00 new student registration fee for session and summer camp students. There is a $20.00 fee for returned checks.
- CMA is not responsible for children who are not registered students. Unregistered children must be supervised by a parent or caretaker at all times. Loud, obnoxious and disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
- Make sure to arrive at least five minutes prior to class time so that your child can be dressed and ready. Have your child use the rest room and drink some water before class begins.
- • Please use the dressing room to help your child change. Do not change your child's clothing in the hallway or common areas. If you are a father of a female dancer, please help your daughter change in the restroom or the boys’ dressing room if it is available.
- Many of the children’s classes at CMA are dress code classes. Please ask the instructor or directors if you are unsure. We will occasionally lend dancewear to students in an emergency, however it is important that students learn to be responsible for their own dance clothes. Over-use of the “borrow me box” may mean a child will have to watch class that day.
- Keep siblings and all toys in the play area in the rear of the studio. Please help your child put away toys and books when they are done with them. Keep the studio and office doors clear of people and clutter.
"He who cannot dance puts the blame on the floor."
~ Hindu proverb